Gutter Installation Cost
Gutters play an important role in protecting your home from water damage. When installed correctly, gutters direct water off your roof and away from the sides of your house and foundation. How much does gutter installation cost? Let’s break it down.
Gutter Installation Costs are determined by the following factors:
- Size of your home. The bigger the home, the more roofline, there is, the higher the cost.
- How many storeys is your home? Every storey adds complexity to the gutter system that needs to be installed.
- Simple flat roofs are the cheapest, but more complex roofs with multiple peaks, valleys, gables, hips, etc will add to the cost.
- How long do you want the gutters to last? Your material choices range from aluminum to vinyl and copper.
- Adding screens to your gutters to prevent leaves and other organic matter from getting into the gutters will add to the cost. Don’t forget to add in the cost of new soffit and fascia.
Most gutters come in a variety of colours, so matching your home’s exterior shouldn’t be a problem. The most durable materials will be aluminum, vinyl and copper. The length of warranty (expected lifetime) of each metal varies and increases in price accordingly. Plastic just won’t stand up to the extreme weather conditions in Ontario for very long.
How do you know your gutters need replacing? Here are some easy signs to look for:
- Gutters are loose or coming away from the roofline.
- Seams are leaking.
- Cracks or rust are visible.
- Water is pooling against your roofline or foundation.
- Water is running down the sides of your home repeatedly.
- Gutters are bent or misshapen in any way.
Why You Should Have Gutters Installed Professionally
Some homeowners hope to save a few dollars by installing gutters on their own. Only professional installers can offer seamless gutters. Whenever there’s a seam, there’s potential for leaking so having gutters installed professionally removes this problem. Product warranties are often limited or voided if not installed professionally. Professional installers can design a water flow system that protects your roof, exterior and foundation of your home. Especially if your home has a more complicated roof, a second storey, etc. then professional installation can prevent water damage because of poor water flow.
Saving a few dollars is never worth a fall from a ladder or an injury that forces you to take time off of work. Professional installers are trained and fully insured. Also, professional installers will guarantee their work so if something does go wrong you can get them back to fix the problem.
How much does gutter installation cost? Don’t forget to include the cost of downpipes, soffit and fascia if needed.
Give Watershed Roofing a call for a free estimate on gutter installation cost.